Saturday 1 December 2012

Diploma with Honours Term 4 - Block Week -


Sarah Brock - Painting

I enjoyed Sarah's 'make your own pastels' class so much that I tried to get into her painting block this term. The course was over subscribed so when one of the students couldn't be there Thursday and Friday I dived straight in.

I enjoyed the technique and got some good results very quickly, Thursday I followed the course and dabbled in still life. On Friday, knowing I was in Sarah's mains class, I started to set up my first portrait. Sarah is so approachable and enthusiastic, she tailors her teaching to her students requirements, we are all at different stages of our art walk and want to focus on different things and Sarah has the ability to cater to her students, but there were issues with classroom size (not big enough!) and time getting around everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment