Sunday 15 July 2012

Diploma with Honours - Term 2 2012 Start Block Week


Block week – Roger Key painting on something weird


A trip to two junk shops gave me ample ideas of what to paint.
My first idea I had worked out before the week started. Having something in the back of your mind before you start a block week will get you going early and you can utilise the whole week to create.

I took an old skill, weaving flowers out of flax, and applying colour to the flax, the weaving it.  I split the flax and then painted it, very time consuming but fun.

In the first junk shop bought a wooden blind and painted a dancer on it in greys and blues and it took ages! The other junk shop yielded a flax woven panel that I painted a scene of Ruapahu, a flax bush and a toitoi bush.  This has been framed and was exhibited in the Stokes Valley Library.





No comments:

Post a Comment