Thursday 19 January 2012

How I got to TLC

For many years I had bemoaned the fact that I had never had any formal training in "art". I had gone to TLC on a work team building 2 day session many years before, resulting in me doing a night class of life drawing but living in Upper Hutt it was quite a hike into Wellington where TLC was located at the time.

In April 2010 I again mentioned this desire at a bible life group we were attending. We were studying 'Paul'  and the topic of gifts and talents came up. My husband told the group that I had a talent that I was not using. That I was good at art. I said that I had always regretted my lack of a formal training and qualification in the area.

The very next day my husband rings me to tell me he has booked me into an information evening at TLC hosted by Jonathan Milne that evening. When I came home I was buzzing and my husband said that I needed to enrol. Student loans were available and there was no reason for me not to do it.

Within a week I was enrolled and on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment