Monday 2 January 2012

Term 7 2011 - End Block Week

Roger Key - 3FD from Found Objects

This week we took a trip to earth link to buy and recycle 'junk' into art. There is so much to choose from a good idea is to go with good ideas.

 The same bird in flight in ceramics was possibility for this class all I would need was chicken wire and venetian blinds. I had the ambition to make the thing 2 metres high and got the 'bones' of it started before disaster struck. My mother in law had a stroke, so for the rest of the week I sat at her bedside and had to rethink the project to something more manageable. I'm sure the nurses thought me crazy to be sitting there cutting out bronze coloured leaves and bending coat hangers,when my mother in law didn't need me.
The result was an out doors wall hanging complete with apple (from the junk shop) and it doesn't look too bad.
My mother in law did recover but regrettably died in early January. She was also an inspiration to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment