Monday 2 January 2012

Term 7 2011


Monday – Marcel Baaijens – Breaking the Pattern

I went back to this class because I wanted to explore watercolour (Marcel showed me some of his work and wanted to pick his brain) and the people in the class were always joyful and diligent, it was a very productive class.


















Wednesday – Roger Key – Drawing into paint

To continue in mixing skin tones and to explore more complicated backgrounds, thinking about complimentary colours. Taking four sketches of nudes into oil.











Thursday – Marc Hill – Approaches to Painting

I’m still trying to get my head round colour and composition, do I have to do some papers at University on art history to learn how the those in the past dealt with it?

Marc has been saying go bigger and I have had a large canvas in my roof for some years. After talking about the art of Monet and seeing some of his work I chose a beautiful piece he submitted to the academy, it was rejected and he did a portrait of his girlfriend in a green dress in four days that was a triumph in its place.’ The magpie’  was originally done in white and greys, I have chosen to depict the landscape a little more colourfully.






No comments:

Post a Comment